If there’s one thing I learned from being an INFJ (Introverted, iNtuitive, Feeling Judging) and a HSP (Highly Sensitive or High Sensory Processing) individual, it’s that I’m cautious about opening up to others too much. I have a friend who’s an open book and it amazes me how much of her life she’s comfortable sharing– to be that free and unconcerned about what others think is admirable.
So I thought, for this post maybe I’d open the door a bit more and share some things you don’t know about me. Because, why not?
1) I can peel shrimp using a spoon and fork. Some cultures eat with their hands, others with a knife and fork, and mine, well, we grew up using a fork and spoon. Each time we had shrimp, I grew tired of switching back and forth between using my hands to peel and using utensils to put the food into my mouth. So I committed to the utensils! It’s not a total time saver, but it works when you don’t want your hands to smell like shrimp!
2) I hate talking on the phone. Oh, I hate this so much. Well, if it’s for business it’s less painful because, there are “rules” and formats to a business call that both parties typically stick to. When it comes to friends, I love talking in person! I enjoy spending time with them and it’s just easier to capture their body language, tone of voice, and so on.
3) I read 2-3 books at a time. This happens not because I’m a genius, but because I like the variety.
4) I love really bad, mind-numbing reality TV! I’m talking stuff like The Real Housewives, Married to Medicine, and WAGS folks! I guess what I love about it is that I don’t have to “think” too much and it’s great that the drama isn’t mine either!
5) I didn’t watch the original Star Wars trilogy until I was almost 30! It blew me away!
6) Birds scare me. Years ago, I had an altercation with a bird. Long story short, it flew into my face when I opened my front door! We tussled for a bit, until it found its way inside and perched itself on the ceiling fan in my living room. There have been other different, separate incidences involving geese and an ostrich.
7) I can pick up things with my feet when I don’t feel like leaning forward and using my hands to do it. Like weights…it happened in barre class one day. Our instructor asked us to set our weights aside, I was too tired to bend down and pick them up so I used my feet instead. Didn’t know they were that strong! From time to time, I’ll use them to clean up around the house too. It’s a new form “lazy” in a way, and thinking outside the box at the same time. Haha.
8) I love playing board games that allow people to turn against each other. It’s the observer in me that’s fascinated by our human interactions and the “why” behind the things we do to win. It gives me a glimpse into who I’m really playing with. Full disclosure, I don’t care about winning, I enjoy watching how players “betray” each other.
9) I’m afraid of roller coasters. But I would sky dive and bungee jump again.
10) I prefer coffee over tea. I always feel like I have to declare, “tea” because it’s healthier for you. But I don’t care. I love coffee! I enjoy it at its purest– black. But I really love it with a little of bit of cream and sugar, hot or iced.
Thanks so much for reading!